Enhancing your beauty with makeup is a good way to pamper yourself. Its helps you feel good and look more attractive which gives you a confidence boost. Makeup that suits your skin definitely brings you to light but ever wondered there can be serious repercussions to your skin if you don’t remove it properly. Removing it is as important as applying the make-up correctly.
The texture of our skin is porous. These pores allow you to sweat as well as they secrete sebum. Sebum is a waxy lubricant which moisturizes your skin and protects it. It helps you get rid of dead skin cells. Wearing making covers those pores and obstructs sebum from doing its work. If not cleaned properly this can let sebum built in your skin and may lead to a patchy skin or acne.
To get a pimple free skin you must remove makeup from your skin before you go to sleep. A lazy attitude in removing makeup or giving reasons that you were too tired to remove it can get you acne. Removing eye makeup is as important as other one. Eye makeup if left overnight may cause irritation, allergy or even infection. And you may have to see the doctor if redness and itching persist in your eyes due to infection.
Removing makeup before you got to bed can avoid breakouts in your skin. The steps are very simple and less time consuming. You must start with removing eye makeup followed by removing face makeup.
How to remove eye makeup?
• You can use baby lotion or vegetable oil to remove eye makeup
• Apply small amount of lotion or oil on your eyelids rubbing it thoroughly
• Clean off the lotion or oil with a damp clean cloth or a dry disposable tissue
• Continue with washing your face if you were only supposed to remove an eye makeup
After you have removed makeup from your eyes you can continue with removing makeup from skin. Sleeping with makeup can show early signs of aging on your skin. And can let you look older than you actual age.
• Cover your head properly with a towel and let your face expose to hot steaming water. This will open your pores and help you remove your makeup easily. Make sure you don’t steam the water much as it can burn your skin.
• You can clean your lip colour by applying a petroleum jelly over to them. Use a clean disposable tissue to rub it of your lips.
• Use a mild face wash to wash your face. Don’t rub you face harsh.
• Now most of your makeup is out of your skin. If still you see any of the eyes makeups use cotton to clean it up.
• As your skin pores are open because of steaming, close them up using cold water. Wash your face with splash of cold water. This will tighten your skin pores.
• Dry your face by softly patting with a clean towel.
• Lastly apply a light moisturiser on your skin. As makeup and its removal process snatches all the moisture of your skin. Moisturiser with soothe your skin.
Caution: One must use good quality products for makeup.