As a strong foundation makes a strong home, in the same way, feet are foundation to human body. They bear all the body weight and keep you active. If feet are not comfortable, a person feels lazy. Just like other body parts your feet too need attention. Neglecting feet care end up in crack heels that give pain while walking.
For beautiful hygienic feet clean them regularly. Use a body wash or a scrub to clean them thoroughly after bath. Dry them by patting with a clean towel. Remember to remove the moisture so as to prevent the bacterial growth.
Keep toe nails trimmed
Cut the toe nails timely to avoid the deposition of dirt under the nails. Untrimmed toe nails can hurt you in shoes and can tear them also.
Removing nail paint timely
Nail paint if remain on the nails for a longer time, leave yellow marks on them, that gives an untidy look. This can even make your nails crack. So remove your nail paint timely.
This is the most important thing that one must remember while selecting shoes. The pair of shoe which you select must be of accurate fitting. A loose or a tight shoe won’t give you comfort and will keep you irritated whole day. It can also cause back problems and pain in your calf muscles.
Special care in public places
A special care is required in Public places as they are more prone to infections. Keep your feet covered in gyms and near swimming pools.
Avoid sharing foot wears
Sharing foot wears can also cause infection. Fungal infections usually get spread by sharing shoes.
To keep your feet moisture free and healthy you must select the shoes that are breathable and airy. Avoid synthetic socks as they cause sweating. Use cotton socks that absorb sweat and help controlling bad odour.
Above steps can help you keep your feet clean and healthy. If you have luxury of time you can pamper yourself with a home pedicure.
Massage with foot cream
You can use any foot cream to give your feet a relaxing massage after a tiring day. Foot cream will nourish your feet and keep them soft.
Steps for home pedicure
- Remove nail paint with an acetone remover. Cleaning nail paint is the first step to give your nails a clean look.
- Relax yourself by soak your feet in a tub filled with one fourth of warm water. You can add salts and scented oils. Or you can give your feet a hot water bubble bath and remove the dirt.
- After removing your feet from the tub pat dry them. Cut the over grown nails. And trim the edges.
- Clean the top of nails and to remove the yellow patches and dead cells that get deposited over them.
- Clean the skin of your feet. Targeting the heels scrub them properly. Use a pumice stone to remove the dead cells to get a clean breathing skin.
- Wash your feet with clean water and apply a moisturiser to nourish the feet.
If you are going for a party apply pretty nail paint after applying a base coat. Otherwise cover them with the socks and get baby soft feet.